Anni~Weekend Reminiscing

Good afternoon all! 
So, today is my cleaning day at the house and all I can do is think about this past weekend and all the sweet memories my family and I made. Plus, I have got to tell y'all what happened within the first 5 minutes of checking into our room. Holy cow! Cory and I have kind of made it an anniversary tradition to go up to Gatlinburg for a little getaway and last year we weren't able to because I had just had Henley. The year before that, we stayed at the Park Vista for a night and that was a wonderful hotel and we had a great experience. But with two kids now, we had to find a more family friendly atmosphere with things for the kids to do since it is still chilly outside. The two things I asked for was a river view and to be able to walk everywhere we needed to go and Cory could figure out the rest. We ended up at The Holiday Inn Resort which is right off the main drag and within walking distance of everything! They had our room ready before check in time and the staff was really sweet. Cory got us a top story room with a river view so I was a happy camper. The rooms were decorated so rustic and you definitely got all the mountain feels when you walked in. We carried both babes to the room along with some odd and end bags and then Cory went back down to the truck to retrieve the other bags. Well, I was unloading bags and making sure Henley wasn't getting into anything and then I hear Jack talking to what I thought was himself in the bedroom. Cory comes back up and we put everything away and we are about to decide where to go get lunch and the doorbell rings repeatedly and someone is beating on the door. Cory rushes to answer it and it was the resort's security. He said they had had a 9-1-1 hangup call come from our room and he was coming to make sure everything was okay. He then proceeded to tell us that Gatlinburg Police were on their way up to check on us as well. Now, if ya don't already know, my Honey is a cop so he handled the entire situation and then called dispatch to have them disregard. Jack later confessed that he had pushed the red button on the phone and the woman he talked to told him to hang up 🙈 I was so embarrassed at this point. Like really, we haven't even been here 5 minutes, is this foreshadowing into the rest of my weekend?!

                               
                                         the view from the balcony of our room


After we got all the 9-1-1 mess squared away, we decided to go to Texas Roadhouse (Cory's favorite, NOT mine). I'm scrounging the kid's bags together only to realize I had left both Henley's diaper bag and snack bag at home. I was so mad at myself! Thankfully there was a Walgreens right down the road. $78 later and we had all the necessities I had left behind in Seymour. Can I just say, the price difference at Walgreens near our house and the Walgreens in Gatlinburg are insane INSANE!!!! Onto Texas Roadhouse we went to finally get our bellies full.                            



After eating, we took Jack to a local candy shop called Aunt Mahalila's Candies. We got every kind of candy and chocolate covered whatever you can think of and then we discovered the caramel apple section. I never was a fan of them until Cory and I got together. They had so many flavors to choose from and then I saw it, APPLE PIE CARAMEL APPLES. Sold! We each got one and then the next night went back and got 4 more. Yes, they were THAT good! When we got back to the hotel room we decided it was time for a little indoor pool action. BTW, the resort's indoor pool we stayed at was on point. Water slides and all kinds of little water games for Henley to play with as well. We had the best time with our babes and Cory and I may have had a little more fun than them. When we got back to the hotel room, we were starving so Cory ordered pizza from Luigi's. They have the kind of pizza you dream about and see on movies. As you pull a slice the cheese is just so stringy and dripping everywhere and my mouth is so watering right now. They delivered right to our room, we ate, bathed and crashed for the night. Side note: we took Henley's pack-n-play with us which she has napped in but never slept a full night in. She did absolutely wonderful which made this Momma proud! Jack slept on the fold out couch in the living room until about 5 a.m. when he came in the bedroom crying that he forgot to give Henley good night kisses. Poor kid.



So, the next day Cory had planned for us to take the kids to his parents so we could have fun in G-burg, just us. And that we did. We drove around for hours with the windows and sunroof opened blaring country music and taking in the beautiful scenery God has blessed us with. We ended up at the Peddler for dinner later and Cory had reserved river view sitting (he's the best)! Now, when it comes to meat, I am extremely picky and get grossed out super easy. Actually since having Henley, I'm borderline vegetarian. Meat grossed me out my entire pregnancy with her and now for some reason, after eating red meat particularly, I will just randomly dry heave. Haha, I really don't know what that's about but it is what it is. I could eat salads for every meal anyway so we're good. And speaking of salad, their salad bar is never ending but it has anchovies on it so Cory had to pressure me into looking away when we came near them. Needless to say, at the Peddler they bring out the meat and cut it in front of you before they go back and cook it. Not for me. I went with the stuffed shrimp and it was everything!!! After dinner, we made another candy run and back to the room it was for us to do the things. It was our ANNI weekend y'all! To be together as long as we have and to still have it? I'm proud ;)

 I love this man and his goofy self. He makes me laugh harder and more than anyone else.

                                                a little OOTN for our anni dinner

Our last day there we checked out and headed over to Crockett's Breakfast Camp. We had to wait an hour before we were seated but it was totally worth it. The portions of food they bring out and the cheap prices are enough for me to make another trip up there for breakfast. After we ate, we walked around and then headed back into Pigeon Forge for a little shopping before heading home. Not gonna lie, I got a little teary eyed leaving because we literally had the best time and it was the perfect balance spending it with our babes the first night and then just us the next. Cory and I bonded so much and we will definitely be going back to the Holiday Inn Resort next year to celebrate our anniversary. One thing Cory and I promised each other when we became parents was to have 1 date night a week which has yet to happen. 1) with Cory's work schedule, when he's off we're constantly running around to get errands done and we want to spend what little time we have together as a family and 2) I hate putting my kids off on people, I'm one of those that always wants to do everything herself and I just hate putting people out. Even the grandparents. I know they wanna see their grandbabes but they've got lives too so we always do family of 4 outings unless it's a special occasion. But this trip made me realize just how blessed we are as a family and I am so thankful that God blessed me with them. I don't think I could mesh as well with any other man and our kids are just the icing to our cake. They make our lives hectic, fun and complete. Hope you all enjoyed today's post. Just another day in the life of me!

xoxo,
Tamara Rose


Comments

Popular Posts