Baby J

Hello all!
Today has seriously been one of the most hectic days of my life which is why I'm just now getting around to blogging. So, last week in the middle of our little trip to G-Burg, we came back into town to get our son, Jack a.k.a. Baby J signed up for t-ball. We received a call that following Sunday that he would be starting today, Friday March 3rd at 6pm for his first practice. Can a Momma even get time to process this? I mean, pulling into the baseball field to sign him up, I just started bawling and Cory was looking at me like I was nuts. But, he's my baby, my first born!

After Cory hung up with Jack's coach, we knew we were gonna have a ton of errands to run this week in order to get all the necessities before practice. Well, I am a girlie girl but I do love to watch football and basketball...baseball though? Nope, don't even understand the first thing about it. Which meant Cory would have to be making a trip with us to get everything needed. BTW, Cory used to play baseball in high school and was really good at it until he shattered his elbow. Basically, he was on cloud 9 all through Dick's Sporting Goods. The kids and I couldn't keep up! Two and a half hours later, with us being the only people left in the store...past closing time, we...Cory had finally rounded up everything Jack needed!

Fast forward to tonight. As we unload the kids from the truck and I walk around to the side my Baby J was on, my mind became so blurry. Is this really happening? My almost 4 year old is about to have his first t-ball practice. Where has the time gone? Wasn't he just born yesterday?! All the emotions just started flowing and then I realized at that very moment just how precious time is and that this is another memory I need to soak up! Watching him walk down to the field with his bat bag on his back, baseball cap on and those cleats just totally melted my heart and made me feel so proud all at the same time.



Jack ended up being the tallest on the team and the best dressed thanks to his OCD baseball loving Daddy. It was so much fun to watch him try to figure out the game and to interact with the other kids. If there's one thing I can hope for, I hope that he never loses that sweet, innocent soul of his. Jack has got a heart of gold and he's so loving and caring. He always makes sure everyone else around him is happy before he worries about himself and he's just 3! When his Daddy is at work, he always takes care of me and his little sister by checking on us in the night, he's seriously just the sweetest and I don't want him to grow up. But, he is and as long as he continues on the path that he's on, he will be just fine. Momma's, never take the time you have with your babes for granted, it goes by in the blink of an eye. Good night y'all!

xoxo,
Tamara Rose

Comments

Popular Posts