And just like that, he's F O U R

Hey guys,

   Happy Monday to all! Today is more like time stand still for me, please. We celebrated my Baby J's birthday Sunday (Mother's Day)  and he loved every minute of it. He loves his family and you can see it in his eyes when everyone gets together. He especially loves the little people in it, the one's he likes to watch out for. We may have had our issues, but my dude has matured and changed so much in the past few weeks. Basically, no more terrible T H R E E ' S, praise Jesus. Below are a couple of pictures taking it back to the day he was born. He was 8 lb and 13 oz and I was induced because he was so big! They had done an ultrasound because I wasn't feeling him move around as much and then they were like HOLY BABY, come back tonight so you can get induced, otherwise you will more than likely have to have a c-section if you wait much longer. Not gonna lie, I was happy to meet this little dude. Now, I wake up everyday just as excited to see his little face run down the hall as he's requesting chocolate milk and waffles, haha!



    This is probably my favorite picture of my dudes. The first night as a family of then, three. Jack's cheeks were my favorite and this picture makes them look that much more scrumptious. Black + white just makes everything better. And my sanity, my soul mate, the first night as a father. And can I just say, fatherhood looks mighty fine on him then + now. Something about watching your significant other with the babes makes your love for them that much deeper.


   So, last year Jack was so indecisive about what theme of birthday he wanted we ended up having a shark / dinosaur theme. This year he knew a t-rex party was it. We got his cake from the Kroger bakery and they were out of the kit for the cake he had picked out. They could still make the cake, just not with the dinosaurs on it. After we put our order in for the cake, off to the dreaded Wally World (Wal-Mart) we went. We bought the dinosaurs to put on the cake and we were outta there! His cake ended up being cheaper to because they were out of the kit and the dinosaurs were just $4.37 so it was a win win.


  This girl doesn't hold back when it comes to food, especially cake. Cory always jokes that she doesn't know when she's full and I kinda have to agree with him. I seriously don't know how she stays so little with all the food intake.


   The cake, Jack was so happy about it. We've gotten birthday cakes in the past from little bakeries but I personally can't see justifying spending  $95 for a cake when it all tastes the same, but that's just me. My boy was happy with his $33 cake!


dino birthday banner // green cups // green bowls //  t-rex plates // green napkins // green silverware


    Okay, so I've blogged about Amazon several times for fashion stuff but guys. I purchased all of Jack's birthday decorations from them via my Prime account and no lie, saved $50 because of it! All of his decorations, plates, bowls, cups, plastic silverware, napkins...everything was just $53!!! 


   Because Jack's birthday was on a Monday, we ended up having his party on Mother's Day. I honestly didn't see a problem with it because as long as I'm with my babes and plus, everyone got to be with their mom at the party so it was kind of killing two birds with one stone. Plus, we have a dry erase calendar on our refrigerator and I didn't even mark Mother's Day on there, just Jack's B-Day party. Cory's got my back though, he marked it in. 


   Just this past year we've started making it a birthday tradition to have birthday muffins for breakfast. It's not something extravagant but it's our little something that we do and the babes love it, so the tradition must go on. His Daddy and I ended up buying him a basketball goal for his birthday this year and taking him to Gatlinburg to our favorite spot to stay. (that will be blogged about later)


   Baby J had a t-ball game on his birthday but he didn't mind. I don't think there was any place he'd rather be. He loves all the sweet friends he's made this year, they all have so much fun out there on the field and they're so funny to watch. We ended up going to a local mexican restaurant afterwards because dude was craving a cheese quesadilla with sour cream and guacamole, he's so my son. They ended up coming out after we were done eating and did the whole singing and sombrero act. Jack FREAKED out, I knew he would but his Daddy wouldn't listen! This boy has probably had the best birthday week of all birthday weeks and it was well deserved. It's a lot of work being a big brother after all! Hope you enjoyed today's post and I'm slowly letting y'all into my personal life and I hope you find it as entertaining as I do, ha!

Love, 
Tamara Rose

Comments

Popular Posts