Day trip to the mountains

Hey y'all,

   today I'm reminiscing on a recent day trip my Honey surprised the kids and I with. It was a Monday, Cory's first day off from work, and we had a few errands to run. As we finished running our last, Cory asked if I happened to look at the calendar hanging on our fridge. I hadn't, the morning was so hectic. Apparently he had listed everything he had planned out on the calendar and I totally missed it! So, he ended up telling me instead. He was going to take us to the mountains for the day to play around and eat some yummy food. At this point, we were still in downtown Knoxville heading towards Townsend. Half way there Princess Henley decided to have a melt down. IT DIDN'T STOP the whole way to Townsend. I know she was fighting sleep (she's good at that...).

   We ended up driving around FOREVER until little miss fell asleep. Actually, we ended up driving the entire loop of Cades Cove so she could sleep. Half way through she woke up in the best mood. Praise Jesus. We put her in the front with us and Jack wanted to ride in the back of the truck. We ended up pulling off at one of the old churches per Cory because he said it was a good spot to take blog pics. What can I say, he's my number one fan and supporter! Love his heart. After we took pictures, we had a little potty break and then off to play in the river!!









   A little fact about me- growing up, I was such a tom boy. I loved being outside, getting dirty, fishing etc. I still love being outside, fishing and all that but it's just not like it used to be, I found my girlie side I suppose. Well, I am hoping and praying that Henley takes after me in my younger years, and having a big brother may help too. I just knew she was gonna pitch the biggest fit when we got down to the little island next to the river but nope. We could not keep her out of the water. It was so cold too, but she didn't mind it one bit. Jack had been in the same spot before so we knew he would have fun. They both just threw rocks, splashed and waded everywhere until it was time to eat.






   Now, if you're familiar with Townsend, TN then you know all about Burger Master. It's an amazing little restaurant that only has outdoor seating at picnic tables. They serve burgers, hot dogs, corndogs french fries, and then every type of ice cream dessert you can think of. They are well priced and oh so good. Another little fact about me...half of the Townsend population, I am related to. So, we're about to dig in and I look up and see one of my sweet cousins I literally haven't seen in years riding her bike with her babes down to the restaurant. We got to catch up and all the babes got to play together. It was just so much fun! It's so amazing that the family days spent not really spending money but just enjoying each other and the outdoors are the best days to me. I always have pictures to look back on and the best memories that will always be in my heart! I can't wait to see where Cory surprises us with next, so glad I get to do life with him! Hope you guys enjoyed today's post and there's tons of pictures to scroll through and outfit links as well!



sunnies here + here // top // jeans // espadrilles

xoxo, 
Tamara Rose

Comments

Popular Posts