Living in stripes

Hey y'all!

   I hope you all are having a wonderful day! You're gonna have to forgive me for all these stripe posts but I seriously can't help myself. This latest look I wore up to Gatlinburg for our little getaway for Jack's birthday. It has been so hot here in Tennessee already, I am completely dreading what the summer holds. As y'all already know, I do not do heat well. We will be spending a lot of days in the man cave where the temperature feels like it drops 20 degrees just going down the stairs. Anyway, I wore this particular outfit thinking it would be cool, no. I could have been in a tube top and booty shorts and still be miserable, true story.

   Our first stop on the way to the hotel was the Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster. Jack and Cory ended up going alone because Henley was too small and I was in a dress. After that, we went to check in and unload the truck. To me, getting the full experience of Gatlinburg is staying smack dab in the middle somewhere and being able to walk EVERYWHERE. So, we stayed where we stayed last time, Holiday Inn Resort. Not only is their location great, but they have an indoor water park area that we all just love. There are other hotels with indoor water parks in the area but I just have to be able to walk everywhere and not drive.




   We got unpacked and headed back down to the strip and ended up at indoor putt-putt. I love me some putt-putt and I can be super competitive with Cory too. He won but just by 4 points so I'm okay with that. Jack got a hole-in-one on probably the hardest course they had. He was so proud. After we finished up with putt-putt we headed back to the hotel but not before stopping at Maypops! Four huge cupcakes and one doughnut to go later, we were out the door. We got back to the hotel and went swimming for a few hours. Went back to the room, bathed and ordered pizza to be delivered. Another favorite place in Gatlinburg is Luigi's. They have all kinds of italian food and then pizza of course. We pigged out and crashed.



   The next morning we went to another favorite of mine, Crockett's Breakfast Camp. We went there back in February and I swear their menu had changed but it was soooo good this time as well! I am telling you guys, if I could live in Gatlinburg, I would. It's seriously my happy place. 


   We were so sad to be back home, it just didn't feel like enough time to be away but I think it's safe to say, Gatlinburg is our go to just to get away for the night. We also go there a lot for dinner too, it's just 20 minutes or so from our house so that's nice. When we returned home, we had accumulated two huge loads of laundry so I started on that and then off to the grocery store we went. Cory decided he wanted to grill out Bratwurst for dinner so I nibbled on a fruit tray and we called it a night. I believe it's safe to say Baby J has had a wonderful birthday week. Let's see if we can top it with number 5, wow...he will be starting school next year. Okay, I'm gonna go cry now. Hope you guys enjoyed today's post and all outfit details are below!






dress // denim jacket // sunglasses here + here // sneakers // handbag in sea foam

Comments

Popular Posts