Estee Lauder vs Mac

Estee Lauder Double Wear vs MAC Pro Longwear Foundation


Hey ya'll, 


   I hope you guys are having a wonderful day so far! Today is all about makeup, so I hope you all enjoy. Also, I am wearing makeup in all these pics, but some are not with my "full face" on. Needless to say, totally stepping out of my box here because homegirl does NOT like being seen out unless fully put together. Basically, this is a big deal for me so don't judge and be nice!

   So, I started out by soaking my Beauty Blender and wringing it out until damp. I applied Mac to MY left side and Estee Lauder to MY right side. I have been using the Estee Lauder foundation for the past two years and was about to run out (yes, this one bottle has lasted me that long) so I wanted to try something new. I believe any makeup lover is constantly wanting to try new products hoping to find that  perfect one. Okay, as I was applying the foundations, I noticed that the Estee Lauder had a more powdered finish as to where the Mac had a more dewy finish. Typically in the warmer months I only put a little foundation on, mainly the non-oily areas (avoiding the T-zone). After applying the foundation, I applied my MAC Studio Fix powder all over. After doing so, I realized the MAC foundation side was a lot easier to blend the powder on top of. Next, I applied my bronzer + blush. Again, the MAC side was so much easier to blend, leaving a smooth finish.

   Over all, my personal opinion is that the MAC Longwear Foundation is my pick. I was honestly shocked I would ever say that because I fell in love with the Estee Lauder Doublewear right off the bat. The MAC foundation just has the dewy finish, which is nice for the warmer months to give you that extra glow...and doesn't cake or run. It stays perfectly in place all day long which is what I look for. I don't mind powdering my T-zone, but all over just cakes on and cakes on more makeup, which can end up looking HORRIBLE. Also, the MAC is a little more affordable and actually comes in a larger bottle. It also come with a pump to help with the amount you are using, unlike the Estee Lauder. As if I couldn't love MAC anymore, then I come across this. I hope this post helped someone out there that was looking to try a new foundation or was just skeptical of trying something else. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I linked a few places to purchase these products from below.

xoxo, 
Tamara Rose







Estee Lauder Doublewear here + here // MAC Longwear here + here

Blogging Community - Style Collective NORDSTROM.com

Comments

Popular Posts