How to style a crushed velvet tee

Hey y'all,

   Hope you guys are having a fabulous day! So, some of you may know from past posts on here and Insta but if you don't...I'm kind of stuck in the 90's. The music from that era is my all time favorite. Alanis Morissette, Counting Crows, Hootie and the Blowfish, Third Eye Blind, Incubus and so on and so on. Aside from the music, the FASHION was everything and still is...

   When The Asterisk Boutique and I did a face time call about the items I would be blogging about, she showed me this AMAZING crushed velvet tee and said it didn't sell well in the store because it was too trendy...so, hello?! Ha!She knows me too well and knew I would adore this little number. I instantly knew how I would style it once I saw it! 90's all the way baby! And of course I will do another look for you 90's haters ;)






   Okay, so I styled this tee two ways. The first being the 90's way. (my way) I paired it with my high waisted Levi's because high waisted IS still in style. I did a little front tuck for separation. As far as the accessories go, I of course couldn't resist wearing my velvet choker. There is just something about a choker that screams sexy to me. Plus, there are so many kinds to choose from nowadays and they are always fun to wear to change things up a little. As far as the shoes go, I couldn't go wrong reppin' my Adidas Superstar tennies. The thing about these sneakers and you may not be able to tell by the picture, but they are snakeskin! How cool is that?!




   Onto my second look, I went with a more dressy approach. I paired this top with distressed dark wash jeans. I went with a thin gray belt to break up all the dark going on and to give a little pop. My shoe of choice were a pair of camel colored ankle boots. My husband has such a conniption when we see people mixing brown and black out in public BUT camel / cognac is an exception and it looks so well together! Plus, I love this color combo for fall! Okay guys, that is all for today's post  and I hope you all enjoyed! All outfit links are below! Sweet dreams loves!

xoxo,
Tamara Rose

tee //  light wash denim here // choker // sneakers // dark wash denim here // here // ankle boots


Blogging Community - Style Collective NORDSTROM.com

Comments

Popular Posts