The Dirty Thirty Things About Me

Happy June 25th y'all,

   So, today is my birthday (this better be the best dang Monday EVER or I'm gonna be so pissed, LOL) and I have officially left my twenties and entered into a new decade known as the thirty's and although it's taken me a hot minute to accept this new chapter, I am so ready for it! I hear this is the decade where you grow into your own and let all the studpid ish GO!  Ummmm, yes please!! I thought today would be a good day to share some things about ya girl...thirty things to be exact. I keep it pretty superficial on the gram but this is my space to just let it all out there and I hope you all enjoy!


1) Since we're on birthdays...I am a Cancer and lemme tell ya, down to a T! I don't do horoscopes or anything like that BUT I am so infatuated with studying all about the astrological signs. Yes, I still believe in Jesus. Amen.

2) As I stated above, 30's are supposedly the decade where you learn to let stuff go. In all honesty, about two months ago I started doing this and it feels SO good. Just in the past year alone, I have grown to see the true colors of so many people and it doesn't hurt letting go. If anything, it makes life easier on me I suppose, less to keep up with. So, my tribe is smaller but that just means I can spend more time building relationships with the one's that TRULY matter.

3) As I've stated a million times before, I am the BIGGEST introvert EVER. I would rather observe than talk. Don't call me, text me. I thoroughly enjoy being alone. That's not a bad thing, and I know I have a family. It just makes me enjoy my 'me time' that much more. But having said all that, I love my family time too! I guess you could say my 'me time' is just a way to relax and ponder on life. I will never be the first to talk unless I already know you and feel comfortable around you. Like, I literally get such bad anxiety just thinking about having to socialize with new people. Now, if you talk to me first then all is well. I am in NO way stuck up, which that's what everyone likes to believe...assuming in the way I carry myself. But, I am so real once I open up, I love making people laugh and I am extremely loyal to those that care and I consider a friend.

4) Speaking of pondering, I am one deep thinker. I am compassionate, I seriously put 100% more thought into every situation than most but it's because I care and I just hold a lot in. Very few see that side of me but consider yourself lucky if you're one of the one's that do!

5) I'm into all the scary things. Scary movies, haunted places...I love it all. I actually went a few years ago to Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Kentucky and spent the entire night there and had the best time!

6) You guys see this extremely girly side of me on social media. Granted, I am SO girly and love fashion and shopping and makeup. BUT, there is a tomboy side to me that not many see. I have always had a love for nature. When you think about it, that statement can be very vague. I love the mountains, I enjoy hiking, I could sit at the river all day and turn rocks over and see what little creatures are hiding under there. I love LOVE to fish. I haven't been in years but it's so relaxing to me and I never keep the fish, I just like keeping score and YES, I bait my own hook. But, in the midst of doing all this, I still have on my makeup and a cute outfit because that's just me! I am different and that's okay, I'm kinda the best of both worlds I suppose, haha. I would love to go caving someday, I'm gonna add that to my bucket list. There is just so much in this world and so much beauty around me, I just wanna explore it all!

7) Mexican food is my absolute favorite. I could legit eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner...as long as I have my guacamole and sour cream on the side, I am one happy camper.

8) I don't have a favorite color. I know this is so random but my son asked me a while back and I couldn't give him an answer! I feel like a lot of it depends on my mood or what's going on in my life at that particular time. My closet would tell a different story and say it's black, white and grey but that's just the basic bish in me!

9) I don't do copy cats. I feel that every person was created differently and you need to figure out who YOU are and run with it. Who cares what everyone else thinks. Being inspired and copying are two completely different things and some just don't get that. I feel flattered when someone has been inspired by me but will not tolerate being straight up copied and having my hard work stolen. In this journey of blogging and influencing...I  have seen it SO much and it has even happened to me. It's truly sad but it is what it is.

10) I'm not the jealous type. If you have more than me, are better looking than me...the list goes on and on...I just DON'T care. In fact, I actually enjoy being surrounded by beautiful people. That can be on the inside or outside...as long as the beautiful on the outside matches the inside. I don't like mean girls. Beautiful people inspire me.

11) I never wanted kids. I will never forget the day, April 2nd, 2012. I went into work and had been not feeling myself. I told a coworker about it and she handed me a pregnancy test. (I worked in a doctors office so they were on hand). I about fainted when the two lines appeared on the stick. I immediately went downstairs and had my blood drawn to confirm. I was never upset or disappointed when I found out the news. In fact, I couldn't wait to tell my husband and see the reaction on his face. He always wanted kids. A month later, we lost the baby. I was roughly seven weeks along and it was one of the darkest times of my life. I didn't want to get out or go anywhere. I just knew I wanted a baby and three months later we got pregnant with my Baby J.

12) You all are gonna roll your eyes at this statement but I am NOT high maintenance. And can I just say it pisses me off when someone says I am. There's this prejudgment thing that happens when people see a woman that chooses to take care of herself and it just shouldn't be like that. All that I ask in this life is that whomever I am with at the moment, takes an outfit picture for the gram...like that's it. And it's with my phone so...

13) I am vain and that will never change. It has taken me a long time to be happy with myself but I am finally there hallelujah! For me, it was my body but I'm happy with the progress and everything else just falls into place. Carrying two babies can be super hard on your body and self esteem, if I'm being totally honest..and it is also a beautiful thing. It amazes me at how God created us so perfectly and that I actually did get my pre-baby bod back after two kids. It was hard and took a lot of self control and dedication, but I did it and if I can, all mom's can. Just a little encouragement for ya!

14) Fashion is TRULY my passion. I never plan on going back to work because what I am currently doing is like having a full time job. There is so much more than pretty pictures that goes into influencing and blogging. Fashion is constantly changing and I even follow some pretty amazing 70+ year young women on Insta that are super inspiring in every way! Plus, my followers are only gonna get wiser too! I get so giddy when getting outfits laid out for a new week. To most, it's dumb and narcissistic but then again...who asked you?! I wanna do something I love and that makes me happy and fashion is it!

15) Judgment, I hate it. Ya know, in the Bible...it's a sin. Yet, I have found Christians to be the absolute worst at this. I myself am a Christian but I will never pass judgement on anyone. You are in charge of you and you alone. You don't know everyone else's full story or what they are going through in their life at that moment in time. Just love and be happy. It makes for a much smoother ride in this life.

16) I don't do heat. I know that may be contradicting to my 'I'm not high maintenance' statement but I literally can't deal. I can be so hydrated and as soon as I step out into the sun and heat, I get lethargic and the worst migraine of my life. Which is probably why I enjoy the cooler months so much more.

17) The reason behind my issue with eating meat. So, in the seventh grade...I think...that was a long time ago y'all...I dissected a pig. I never liked pork anyway but now it's like all I think about when I have meat in front of me is how it got there. I eat salads almost every day and actually LOVE all vegetables so it's fine.

18) I had Melanoma when I was 23. Thankfully I was working in dermatology at the time and knew what to look for. I had this mole on my leg that I had as far back as I can remember. I noticed it was changing and I had one of the providers biopsy it and sure enough, it came back as Melanoma in-situ...which is superficial but Melanoma is an ugly form of cancer and it spreads quickly. SO, I consider myself super blessed to have found it as early as I did. I feel like God puts us in different places in life for a reason. Like, to lead us to our next chapter. Had I not been in dermatology at the time, I wouldn't be here right now. See, I'm a deep thinker!

19) I love music. 90's is my all time fave from Third Eye Blind, to Incubus to Alanis Morissette but I love it all. Any chance I get, I'm listening to music. And weird thing, I tend to listen to more country in the warmer months and rap in the fall and winter. I don't know why but I've just always been like that.

20) I have an obsession with chewing gum. Spearmint is my fave and cinnamon comes in a close second. I feel like it helps me with stress which is why I'm constantly chomping away I suppose, haha.

21) I have been drinking coffee since I was three and now my five year old is obsessed. He even likes hot tea!

22) There are three fears that I have. Heights, sharks and sinkholes. The first two can totally be avoided but sink holes...I feel like those are happening more and more and it scares the living ish outta me. Like does it not freak y'all out to think of being sucked into the earth to your death?! No thanks.

23) I am so, SO sarcastic but in a HA-HA way. I just can't help myself and then I'm like a little school girl all hehehehehe after I've shut it down. I'm a dork.

24) I am totally the dude in  my marriage. I forget special dates and I'm not very lovey dovey. TMI but I'm more of a hit it and quit it kinda girl, lol...none of that mushy gushy stuff. I also have the dirtiest mind and no filter but you will only ever see that side if we tight.

25) To lighten up my last fact, I've read through the entire Bible once...currently working on my second.

26) I can twerk. Yes, you read that right! Hubby always says he put a ring on it because he liked my booty and thick thighs, haha! I am currently trying to talk him into getting me implants so I can be balanced but then again it's nice not always having to wear a bra out, holla!

27) I have this weird thing when it comes to shopping. I set price limits in my head and will refuse to spend anymore then what my ranges are. Like...shoes, y'all I have well over 150 pairs of shoes. So, I tend to spend less to have more. Handbags, everyday bags like my Dooney's, I will splurge but to have fun, going out bags...I won't spend a lot. My biggest thing though and I just recently figured this out about myself. I have this weird obsession with jeans. Like, there are so many styles and washes and then denim shorts...don't even get me started. BUT, I have come to the realization that spending more on a good brand of jeans or denim shorts is SO worth it! Having said that, I'm sure Nordstrom, Revolve and Shopbop are so over my ordering and returning stats. It's seriously just so hard to find the perfect style and fit!

28) I feel like my life is so out of order when my house is dirty and my closet isn't organized. Like, I have a meltdown and shutdown, I literally can't function. So, I don't sit from the moment I wake up until I go to bed because in between momming, I'm constantly doing something around the house.

29) I am extremely OCD when it comes to life and schedules. I always have to know what, when and where I will be a week out. Mainly for outfit purposes, see fashion is life! But really, I can't just go with it, unless I'm all caught up in all other aspects of life...if that makes sense..

30) Saving the best for last...during this new decade of life I hope to do less of the OCD above and more YOLO. Minus the outfit planning, y'all...it just makes me so happy to do that! One thing I know fo sho, we are given one life and I never wanna look back and have ragrets. Yes, I know I spelled that wrong, have you never seen "Meet the Millers"?? Also, I HOPE to step outta my bubble a bit and not be such a weirdo introvert. No promises though!

BONUS:
31) I always take the back roads. I hate traffic and I prefer the scenic route anyway. Plus, interstates intimidate me!

   I truly hope you all enjoyed today's post and thank you so much for reading through all that and making it this far! I really am a boring person and I'm okay with that. But, one thing I do know is I'm real and that's a lot more fun anyway, amirite?! But seriously, I adore y'all so much and thanks for following along with me and my super boring life with fashionista tendencies with outfits that have been laid out up to two weeks in advance! I truly hope you got that sarcastic but very accurate statement! Okay, I'm seriously done now...love y'all and have a blessed day!

xoxo,
Tamara Rose





similar bodysuit + bodysuit // jeans // mules // earrings // bag

Comments

  1. Girl I coulda sworn I commented on this when I read through it last week! It must've not saved ��


    Loved reading through these and getting to know more about ya! Sounds like we have a bunch in common, girrrrl! (Although I am more of an extrovert lol).

    I totally get the letting stuff go thing, that is something going into my 30s taught me too and I try to remind myself of that. Both with things and people.

    Love your outfit in these pics.

    Keep being you and doing your thing!

    ��

    -Jac

    http://littleofthislittleofjac.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts