Petite Dressing Denim Obsessed

Hello ladies,

   I told you I would be back in a week and HERE I AM! So excited to be blogging about this next topic today. Okay, now don't laugh BUT I wasn't always a fashionista. I am in NO way saying I'm somebody now with a blog geared mainly toward fashion BUT, I've come a loooooooong way! I can honestly say my biggest struggle with fashion up until recently has been jeans. The length, the waist, the wash (that matters too) has just been extremely difficult to figure out, especially being petite. Insert Petite Dressing, with the help of their body build choices, denim will never be hard to choose again!

   Funny and odd quirk about me, and it may be some of you too. When I want to feel more "chic" and put together, I go for denim that tends to be darker with no distressing. When I want to be more trendy and edgy, I always go for the distressed look. I also LOVE distressed denim in the warmer months too. With that being said, I went for a distressed denim that I will get more wear out of through the year.


    My thoughts on this pair of jeans? SOLD! I am definitely one to spend more on denim because it's something that is worn more often and let's be honest, you can TOTALLY tell the difference between good jeans and mediocre or dare I say cheap. These jeans are the perfect length. I don't have to roll them up to get the length I want unless I'm just going for that look. The perfect waist (high rise) because I'm a mama of two and although my stomach is flat, I have love handles and a pooch when I sit and it's just so uncomfortable when ya got ALLL that hanging over your waist! And lastly, the perfect wash. There are literally different washes I can't wear because they make me look shorter, make me look wider, make me look not normal. Not to mention, the distressing actually hits me in all the right spots!


   So, here's how I dressed these jeans that be booty poppin'...literally the only thing I want poppin' if I'm being totally honest, ya feel me? I chose a masculine piece (my button up shirt) to go with the distressed denim. I was definitely wanting an edgier look. I put a feminine silk camisole underneath the button-up and added some heeled booties and voila! There is nothing I love more than mixing up all the trends to make one look come together so perfectly. Perfect to me anyway. That's what fashion is all about, to express yourself (cue Madonna's rendition..sorry if that's stuck in your head now) and just have fun with it! There is no room for boring or copying because God made errrrrybody different! To inspire is different, totally different.

similar button up here + here // camisole // denim (26) // shoes // bag

   I hope you girls enjoyed today's post and as always, all outfit details are listed above! Have a wonderful day and God bless!

xoxo,
Tamara Rose

 

Comments

Popular Posts