Exploring New Places

Happy Wednesday guys,
   I hope you guys have enjoyed your week so far ❤️ Today I'm taking it back to last Monday when my Honey loaded the whole fam bam up and took us for a little road trip. One thing I can say is Cory makes life so fun. We love exploring new places together as a family.

   We ended up not leaving the house until 12:30 when we intended on leaving at 11. My bad 🙄 We ended up in Middlesboro, Kentucky for our first stop. We had to make a quick trip to the gas station for some road trip snacks before we drove through Pine Mountain National Park. Water is an obvious. And anytime I have something sweet, I always have to end on salty. So, sour skittles and beef jerky are always a go to...along with some dental floss 😂

   When we reached the park, it was dead...like we were the only ones there plus two deer. Right now Cory's off days are during the week which means no crowds 🙌🏻 We drove a little ways before pulling off to a picnic table and the most beautiful view. Cory's words were, "Oh-M-G, this is the perfect spot for blog pictures!" Love his heart 🤣 We ended up taking blog pics and pics of our babes ❤️💙






   When we exited the park, we were starving! We googled several restaurants and ended up picking a place called Angelos. Why did we choose this spot? 1) the building looked like my kind of place...old and contemporary and 2) they had a soup and salad combo...and French onion soup, my fave! To get back into Tennessee, we had to go through a tunnel that went under the mountains, it was pretty neat. We typed the address into our GPS and it lead us to a gas station and apartment parking lot. We turned around and tried again but it did the same thing. The second time we just kept driving through the parking lot and it led us to this little winding road that led to Cumberland Gap. I had never been to this fairytale of a town, and it quickly stole my heart. We arrived to our destination and when we walked in, I could feel my face light up the room. And a side note that I've never mentioned...I am very much into haunted stuff and I get weird feelings in certain places and I definitely got one here but it wasn't a bad feeling, it was happy. The food was amazing and I can't wait to go back. This sweet town has an inn that was built in the 1800's that Cory and I plan on going back to stay at. It's also apparently haunted! So below I will share some pictures of Cumberland Gap and then my outfit with links! Hope y'all enjoyed today's post 😘

xoxo,
Tamara Rose

 the tunnel that runs through the mountains
 Angelo's and a portion of the strip
 Angelo's Restaurant
 Part of the dining area, we ate on the lower level in front of a stone fireplace
the Cumberland Gap Inn I so desperately want to stay at!





Sunnies // Top (ON SALE!!) // Handbag (sold out in oyster) // Jeans (sold out but these are adorbs) // Sneakers // Watch

Comments

Popular Posts