Front Tuck Tankin'

Hello sweet babes, 
   and happy day! I hope this day is treating you well so far! Today on the blog, I am talking about this perfect little tank and statement necklace that is easy on the eyes. BUT, I am also gonna tell y'all about the amazing day when these pics were taken! Hubby works in law enforcement which I will NEVER mention about on Instagram, just for personal reasons. You rarely see his face pop up on my feed, which is also for personal reasons. My life on Instagram is very superficial and obviously I tend to get more personal on here. But, the safety is my family is most important to me and I will just leave it at that.

   So, the day these pics were taken, hubby was off from work (it was a weekday) and he knew I was needing him to snap some pictures of me with new pieces and he also knew I wanted to take it downtown to do so. I never go downtown alone, much less with my son, whom takes A LOT of my pictures. When hubby is off thru the week, I always like to go places that are typically busy on the weekends and get some fun shots. After all the pics were taken, we headed down to Calhoun's on the River to let the kids play around and watch all the ducks. We also people watched...which I love that. I suppose it's just the introvert in me.

   Hubby asked if I wanted to eat at Calhoun's...now, fact...I adore that place, after all it's the spot I was when I decided on my daughter's name. I was seated overlooking the river and the Henley Street Bridge. And their Oriental Chicken Salad is my all time favorite, just add extra pineapple and no chicken...but I was feeling a more casual feel. When hubby mentioned Jersey Mike's to me, it was ON! Y'all, I have been obsessed with this place since I had my first veggie wrap from there...I highly recommend btw! Instead of ranch, I have them add mayo, oil and vinegar instead. I love vinegar and can literally drink it by itself, no joke. It makes most people nauseous, and I just don't understand why?! (haha) After our little family lunch date, hubs took the kids and I across the street to Startbucks and then we went back home and chilled. That is what I call the perfect day my friends. No plans set in stone and two of my most fav eating / drinking spots.

   Never judge a book by it's cover y'all because I would be just fine if he took me to those places for special occasions like anniversary etc., and be totally happy with it. I may look high maintenance and as though I like the finer things in life, but that it definitely not the case (unless we're talking shoes and handbags). It's just me, I'm weird....I know.

   Now, for the reason you guys showed up to this page in the first place, my outfit! Sorry, but I had to get the above out there because I want you all to know who you're following foremost, but also to know what I'm about! All forms of social media are my favorite because they allow me to open up without speaking. I've said it a million times and I will say it again. I am the BIGGEST introvert and I will challenge anyone to say they are worse than me when it comes to that. I hate it but my shell is too hard to break!

   Now, this tank...it's another Asterisk Boutique find, along with the pretty necklace. Funny thing, Ana, the owner actually put me in this rust color for the first time last fall and I have since then grown such a love for this particular it and get so many compliments when I wear it. When we did a Facetime for me to pick out what I wanted, I saw this and knew I just had to pair it with flared jeans and wedges. Now, I didn't have any blue flared jeans so I found these and LOVE them. I guess my only complaints are I wish I would have gotten the LONG instead of regular because they are almost too short for these 4 inch heels. Second, I should have looked in the mirror before walking out the door to shoot this look. Because then, I would have known to grab some lower heel wedges. Oh well!



   I really love this tank because it literally can be worn year round and goes with so much and can be worn untucked, front tucked, knotted...the list just goes on! Obviously I went for the front tuck because A. the name of this post says so and B. because I was wanting a more chill vibe. I ended up pairing it with a lace bralette from Forever21 and think it turned out nicely!


   Asterisk Boutique has some of the best pieces and at amazing prices. They also have some of the most beautiful necklaces I have ever seen. I couldn't pass up with beauty because the color, I'm just drawn to it, and I also thought it would be perfect for the warmer months to wear with basic tops to help the whole look pop. I def think it did the job!




   I hope you all enjoyed today's post and sorry I was a little long winded! All links are below for this look and I hope y'all have a very blessed day!

xoxo, 
Tamara Rose

tank // necklace // denim // wedges // bag // bralette


Comments

Popular Posts